Sandringham College is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people. Our school community recognises the importance of, and a responsibility for, ensuring our school is a safe, supportive and enriching environment which respects and fosters the dignity and self-esteem of children and young people, and enables them to thrive in their learning and development. Click here for our Child Safe Standards Code of Conduct.
All members of the College community have the right to be treated with respect.
This means that courtesy must always be shown, regardless of the situation to all members of the College Community.
All members of the College community have the right to be free of harassment.
This includes physical, mental, emotional or verbal abuse about sex, race, religion, physical appearance, gender, disability, culturally and/or linguistically diversity etc. Behavior of this sort will not be tolerated.
All students at the College have a right to equal access to all areas of the curriculum.
The College endeavours to ensure that no student is denied access to any area of the curriculum including camps and excursions etc. for economic or other reasons.
All members of the College community have the right to be supported in times of need.
This means the counselling and other services are available at all times.
The Black Dog Institute have some useful fact sheets on depression that can be accessed here.
Contact numbers of organisations that can be of help:
- Kids Help Line: 1800 55 1800
- Life Line: 13 11 14 | www.lifeline.org.au
- Suicide Help Line: 1300 651 251
- Direct Line: 1800 888 236
- Taskforce (Drug & Alcohol Counselling): 9532 0811
- Bayside Council Youth Services: 9599 4622
- Family Life: 8599 5433
- Family Mediation Centre (Family Conflict): 9556 5333
- Bentleigh Bayside Community Health Service: 9575 5333
- Headspace: 9526 1600 OR eHeadspace (9:00-1:00 a.m. for online & phone support) | www.headspace.org.au
- South Eastern Centre Against Sexual Assault: 9594 2289
- Hanover (Crisis Accommodation): 9556 5777
- BeyondBlue: 1300 22 4636 | www.youthbeyondblue.com
- Thrive to 25 (Formerly Alfred CYMHS): 8552-0555
- Oakleigh: 9533-3555
- Frankston: 9783-7611
- Self-referrals. Fees based on income (about $35)
Other handy Links: