Sandringham College welcomes students from many different overseas countries, including China, Japan, Vietnam, Germany, Italy, France and South America.
Click here to view “Study Abroad” student video
Click here to view “Experience Victoria” video
Click here to view the International Student Program video (in English)
Click here to view the International Student Program video (translated into Chinese/Mandarin).
The College enrols between 60 and 80 international full fee paying students at any time and works with a variety of educational agencies, a wide range of support programs, arranges homestay accommodation where required and assists students to experience a smooth transition into the Australian education system.
Students like coming to Sandringham College for a variety of reasons which include:
- The closeness of Sandringham to Melbourne Central
- The safe, clean beachside area
- The choice of a wide range of subjects
- The on-site English Language Centre
- Three multicultural aides
- Homestay Coordinator
- The excellent homestay families
- The friendly and supportive relationships that exist between staff and students
- Melbourne has been voted the world’s most liveable city – click here to find out why
Sandringham College students perform consistently well in the VCE (Victorian School Certificate). Statistics show strong achievement in all subject areas enabling access into Melbourne’s top universities and colleges. Retention rates are high across the entire college. Sandringham College offers a wide range of over 70 VCE subjects to students in Year 11 and 12.
English Language Centre
Sandringham College has a Language Centre onsite to cater for the extensive language programs. We provide individualized programs for students which helps transition students smoothly into their full-time study.
Homework classes are free and offered three times a week.
Student Obligations – Standard students (refer Key Policies document)
Student Obligations – Study Abroad students (refer Key Policies document)
Support Programs Operating at Sandringham College
- An International Program Director who oversees each student’s learning program and their transition into the local community.
- Each student works with a multi-cultural aide who ensures that the students fully understand the work being taught and assists the student in community matters.
- A Homestay Coordinator who ensures accommodation is carefully selected and matched to student needs.
- Airport reception.
- Interpreter service.
- Medical Information and support.
- Orientation Program and Information pack.
- Advice and help to purchase new and second hand books.
- Public Transport Victoria (PTV) MYKI transport concessions https://www.ptv.vic.gov.au/tickets/myki/buy-a-myki/
Sandringham is proud of our welcoming and caring group of homestay families who live in close proximity to the College. Our homes are located within the bayside suburbs of Melbourne in clean, safe, tree lined streets. The homestay homes are located close to accessible public transport , sporting facilities, shopping centres and restaurants.
The host families are carefully selected by the Homestay Co-Ordinator who communicates regularly with families and students and provides support when the student or the family need assistance.
Students are carefully matched with a suitable family and we encourage new students to communicate with the host family before they arrive in Australia. Early communication with the host family can assist the student in transition and integration into their new country.
VET courses (Third party agreements)
Students can enrol in a VET certificate whilst enrolled as an International student and can achieve an industry based certificate from a RTO (Registered Training Organisation). Sandringham College has agreements for International Students with (Ausdance, COSAMP, Holmesglen and Chisholm). Students interested in VET program are referred to the College VET Coordinator for further information.
Enrolment as an International Student
Application to study as an International Student must be made through the Department of Education and Training CRICOS Provider Code 00861K
Applications will be considered for students with an academic average of 80% +. Students applying for direct entry into VCE require a minimum IELTS score of 6 +.
Application forms can be accessed from
- International Student Program Unit
- Department of Education and Training Victoria
- GPO Box 4367
- Victoria, Australia 3001
For further information or application forms
Telephone: +61 3 9637 2990
For more information about Sandringham College International Student Program, contact Ben Ditterich, International Student Program Director or Vivienne McElwee, Head of 10-12 Campus:
Telephone: + 61 3 8599 0548
Telephone: + 61 3 8599 0510
International students can also contact the College by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
CRICOS Provider and Code – Department of Education and Training 00861K