SEAL – Select Entry Accelerated Learning
What is SEAL? The SEAL Program addresses the needs of those students who are of High Intellectual Potential and display a range of exceptional abilities across their studies.
The Sandringham College SEAL program:
- Covers traditional subjects in a shorter time and encourages abstract and critical thinking
- Is designed to enhance academic, creative and leadership potential
- Enables students to interact with their intellectual peers, without compromising social relationships and development
- Recognises and responds to the specific differences, interests and needs of High Intellectual Potential students
- Caters for students’ social and emotional development by providing support and extension in to the VCE
- Works cooperatively with Mentone Girls Secondary College to provide a wide range of opportunities for students
- Staffs the program with specifically selected teachers, chosen for their passion, superior teaching ability, their skill with challenging and engaging gifted students
- Builds on the success of Sandringham’s highly regarded ACE/eMAS program.
- Caters for individual strengths through our distinct Maths/Science and English/Humanities streams
To read about Lalli (Year 8 SEAL dual streams, instrumental music and Sports Academy student) please follow link.
SEAL Applications for 2017 Year 7 intake is now closed. Applications for SEAL exams for the 2018 Year 7 intake will be open in Term 1 2017.
To access a SEAL Application Form and the Pathways outline – please follow the links below.